For tree containment applications. 80 mil tree root barrier is constructed of thick HDPE and provides containment for the most tree species.
Depth of Barrier: 18" to 48" (select above)
Material Thickness: 80 mil (5/64 of an inch or 2 mm)
Material Length: 100 foot roll (can be joined)
- Easy to cut with a standard utility knife
- Deflection side is chrome rolled to provide a superior protection surface
- Joins vertically or horizontally with HDPE sealant tape
- Made in the USA
Shipping Transit Times: We Ship Fast!
Most orders ship same day if placed before 12:00 PM EST. Transit times are displayed in business days and are approximate.
80 mil tree root barrier is designed to contain the roots in tree planting areas. 80 mil barrier is commonly used in applications where root overgrowth could lead to significant property damage, therefore a thick and durable barrier is necessary.
Our tree root barrier is composed of heavy-duty HDPE and provides a smooth surface which acts as a very effective root-stop. The tree roots will not penetrate the barrier but grow along the side of the barrier instead.
Please Note: This barrier is not appropriate for tree plantings in confined sidewalk cut-outs or planter boxes. Because this barrier does not include vertical guides (ribs), in confined areas the roots can hit the barrier and angle upward instead of downward. In a very tight area this can create a tree stability issue. For these types of installations a panel type root barrier is a better choice.
1. Dig a trench around the area where you are planning to plant the tree or where the tree is already planted.
2. Place the barrier in the trench. If connecting two segments of barrier be sure to overlap the segments by 4 feet, use HDPE sealant tape vertically and horizontally to connect the seam. The taped overlap will prevent the roots from breaking through the seam.
3. Plant the tree according to nursery planting specifications. Be sure to pay attention to any soil deficiencies, compaction and drainage.